By now, you have probably been inundated with information about the COVID-19 virus. With our industry changing rapidly, it is important to keep learning, gathering more resources, and staying current on any new information. I realize you all are in a different place. Some offices still have full schedules despite the recommendations from the ADA, some offices have closed completely, and some are somewhere in between. Also, some of you are working from home remotely and some of you are still commuting into your practice.
Let’s look at some things you can do within in your Dentrix software during this downtime. I have had so many offices reaching out to me because they want to take advantage of the quiet time and schedule Dentrix software optimization, paperless protocols, and systems implementation.
There are many things you can do on the administrative side while you have more downtime than usual.
- You can now make sure all of your outstanding dental claims are being paid. No more excuses of not enough time to make calls or log into the plan website to check the claim status.
- If you have ever wanted to clean up your patient’s ledgers and allocate balances, this is the time. Many of you ask me if there is a way you can get your inactive providers to stop showing up on reports and the reason is that they still have accounts receivable. If you want to work on this project, I can send you a tip sheet as a resource, so email me directly at email@example.com. If you have upgraded to G7.3, you have a new feature called the Provider Credits Balance Manager which has streamlined the process
- Speaking of clean up, have you been wanting to get rid of all those duplicate insurance plans? This might be a good time to work on that project. I have opened up this webinar for anyone who wants to work on database cleanup. CLICK HERE to watch the webinar.
- Convert that old-style Rolodex into the Dentrix eDex contact manager. You and your team will love having access to all your contacts in one place. If you want to read more about eDex CLICK HERE to be re-directed.
- Dive into the Dentrix Mastery Tracks and earn your certificates for expanding your education. You can create your account from home and keep learning while working from home. For more information CLICK HERE.
- Now is a great time to clean up that email inbox. Let’s work toward getting to zero emails. You can do it.
If you want to tackle some projects you have been saving for a rainy day because it requires you learning how to do it, reach out to your favorite Dentrix trainer and schedule remote training for you and your team. All the Dentrix trainers have access to GoToTraining to give you an interactive experience to help you learn and implement new topics or get a refresher course. You can reach out to me if want to know who is the local trainer in your area.
Some great topics that you might need some training on might include . . .
- Re-designing your clinical note templates to help make them more efficient and thorough. Many insurance companies these days are requesting copies of your clinical notes and you need to make sure your clinical documentation is complete and accurate.
- Building electronic forms is a great use of time and then you will be ready to launch them when the office is back up and running at full speed. Not all trainers have experience in working with the Dentrix electronic forms, so reach out to me directly and I can point you in the right direction.
- Learn how to use the new Dentrix Health History module in the most efficient and best way possible. Your clinical team need to make sure it is smooth, fast, and easy to use.
I am here to help so reach out and let’s put some projects in place now so you are ready to go with even better systems when our industry is back up at full speed.