The Month End Process in Dentrix has changed . . . in a good way. Back in the day, you would have to come in early or stay late to make sure all the computers were logged out of Dentrix in order to run your month end process. Not only can you now schedule the month end to run at a time that is convenient for you, but you also don’t have to log out all the computers from Dentrix. This is a huge benefit for the practice! However, I am still seeing many offices who are not managing this process properly.
Another benefit to the new month end process is how you decide when the information in Dentrix is updated, locked up and moved into history. In the past, the month end process combined five very important tasks into one process. Now, the month end has separated these five very important tasks into individual items and you get to set the parameters for each.
Here is an outline of the five most important tasks. If you would rather watch a quick video, you can click on the video link below.
TOP 5 THINGS YOUR MONTH END SHOULD BE DOING . . .
- Close Transactions – This process will move the patient ledger transactions into history and moves the ending accounts receivable balance into the beginning balance of the new month. This process also ages your account balances.
- Move Clinical Notes to History – You now get to decide when the clinical notes are locked up and moved into history. This can be separate from the ledger transactions.
- Move Perio Chart to History – This is a new task that was not included in the month end process in the past.
- Reset Insurance Benefits – This task will reset your patients used benefits back to zero if their plan renewal month is set accurately.
- Recalculate Totals – This utility has now been added to the month end process and it is important that you have set it in your month end task scheduler.
Another thing to point out with the new Month End Task Scheduler is to check the log on a regular basis. What I have found is that this is not being done because, once the month end process is set, it is not being followed up on. Remember to check the View Log to make sure all the tasks are set to complete and there are no errors during the process.
For a visual of this new process, please watch my YouTube video by clicking here. Let me know if you still have questions.