Medical Coding and Billing

Home Forums Insurance Medical Coding and Billing

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dayna Johnson – founder and CEO of Novonee 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Gretchen Gilbert
    Participant

I am trying to figure out how to file claims for TMJ to our patients medical insurance, but I am just lost. 1st off the way I understand Dentrix G7 should make filing to medical insurance easier…
    Is that correct?
    We have not upgraded yet but wanted to confirm.
    2nd, since we do not have G7 yet, and I know where I need to enter the medical insurance, but how can I create a claim? Can I just send them the dental claim format?
    Lastly… from the 2 patients I am currently trying to help file to their medical for TMJ treatment I am understanding from their medical insurance that we need to file with dental insurance first then send to medical? Is that correct? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    Thank you!
    Gretchen

You do not need G7 to do medical billing and nothing has changed with medical billing with G7. There are several setup things that have to happen when billing medical. My recommendation would be to watch the Medical Billing or Bust webinar and see the tip sheet attached. If you need one-on-one help please log in to our next Ask the Experts. next week.

You will send the medical claim first and then the dental.

Attachments:
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.